Investors Capital Corp. broker Nina Jessee (CRD# 1484808) is alleged to make unsuitable investment recommendations. Jessee was registered with Cetera Advisors LLC in Abingdon, Virginia from October 2016 to November 2017, when she was terminated regarding, “Violated firm policy for not disclosing outside business activity (oba) prior to engaging.” Previously, Jessee was registered with Investors Capital Corp. in Abingdon, Virginia from 1993 to 2016.
In June 2019, Jessee was barred by FINRA after she consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that she failed to appear for FINRA on-the-record testimony requested in connection with FINRA’s investigation of customer complaints related to alternative investments and allegations that Jesse failed to disclose an outside business activity.
Jessee has been the subject of 23 customer complaints between 2002 and 2018, according to her CRD report. Recent complaints are regarding:
- February 2019. “Poor performance of investments made in or about 2011.” The case was settled for $20,000.
- February 2019. “Claimant’s general allegations center on the suitability of investment made in 2008.” The case was settled for $17,500.
- June 2018. “Clients expressed concern over investments made between 2012-2015 through RR at a prior BD, believing they will sell at a discounted price. The allegations were vague but contained allusions to unsuitability.” The case is currently pending.
- April 2018. “Suitability of investments made in April 2012.” The case was settled for $18,500.
- March 2018. “Suitability of investment made in March 2006.” The case was settled for $22,000.
- March 2018. “Suitability of investments made between 2004 and 2013.” The case was settled for $34,500.
- March 2018. “Suitability of certain investments made in 2006 & 2016.” The customer sought $400,000 in damages and the case was settled for $80,000.
- February 2018. “Suitability and alleged losses associated with certain investments made in 2006 and 2012.” The customer sought $400,000 in damages and the case was settled for $150,000.
- February 2018. “Suitability of investments made between 2007-2014. Clients also expressed concern over the privacy of their account information on file with RR following RR’s departure from the BD.” The case is currently pending.
- January 2018. “Claimants’ allege that the RR misrepresented investments made in 2007 and 2010, over-concentrating them in unsuitable investments.” The customer sought $373,868 in damages and the case was settled for $95,000.
- December 2017. “Suitability of investments made in or about 2015.” The customer sought $130,000 and the case was settled for $20,000.
- February 2017. “Suitability of investments made in approximately the 2005-2006 time period.” The customer is seeking $48,000 in damages and the case was settled.
Pursuant to FINRA Rules, member firms are responsible for supervising a broker’s activities during the time the broker is registered with the firm. Therefore, Investors Capital Corp. may be liable for investment or other losses suffered by Jessee’s customers.
Erez Law represents investors in the United States for claims against brokers and brokerage firms for wrongdoing. If and have experienced investment losses, please call us at 888-840-1571 or complete our contact form for a free consultation. Erez Law is a nationally recognized law firm representing individuals, trusts, corporations and institutions in claims against brokerage firms, banks and insurance companies on a contingency fee basis.
"*" indicates required fields