Stefan Apotheker is a Partner and senior trial attorney at Erez Law, PLLC. Mr. Apotheker has dedicated his legal career to obtaining justice for investors who have been the victim of wrongdoing by investment firms. He has represented over 1,000 investors in securities arbitrations and litigations throughout the country as lead counsel or in collaboration with colleagues, resulting in the recovery of over $100 million on behalf of investors.
Mr. Apotheker has successfully obtained trial verdicts (also known as arbitration awards) against several of the largest financial institutions in the world, including successful recoveries of attorney’s fees, punitive damages, and the rarely granted remedy of rescission.
In 2018, Mr. Apotheker obtained an arbitration award in excess of $691,000, including $102,000 in attorney’s fees and the rescission of $128,000 worth of bonds and mutual funds on behalf of an elderly retiree who suffered a net out-of-pocket loss of $81,000 in Puerto Rico bonds and Puerto Rico closed-end funds.
In 2022, Mr. Apotheker obtained a $1.2 million arbitration award against UBS on behalf of a family who suffered losses of $1.2 million in UBS’ Yield Enhancement Strategy (YES) program.
In 2022, Mr. Apotheker obtained a $1.34 million arbitration award against UBS, including $325,000 in attorney’s fees and $500,000 in punitive damages, on behalf of a retiree who suffered losses of $393,000 in the UBS YES program.
Mr. Apotheker has been rated “AV Preeminent” by his peers, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards. His trial results have been featured in various financial publications, including Barron’s, Investment News, Financial Advisor, and Advisor Hub.
Mr. Apotheker obtained his Bachelors of Arts in History cum laude from Florida Atlantic University and Juris Doctorate cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 2004
- Florida Atlantic University, 2000
- Florida, Member Since: 2005
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida, Member Since: 2006
- United States Tax Court, Member Since: 2023
- Martindale Hubbel AV Rated
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Misner vs. UBS Financial Services Inc.; FINRA Case Number: 20-03978
- McCormick vs. UBS Financial Services Inc.; FINRA Case Number: 20-03990
- Pastrana vs. UBS Financial Services Inc. of Puerto Rico; FINRA Case Number: 15-03264
- Gubman vs. The GMS Group, LLC; FINRA Case Number: 10-02738
- Gale vs. Dawson James Securities, Inc.; FINRA Case Number: 09-00874
- Wasserberger v. Citigroup Global Markets d/b/a Smith Barney; FINRA Case Number: 06-02323
- Phi Alpha Theta