Were you the victim of Morgan Stanley broker Christopher Butler (CRD# 1894450)? Butler has been registered with Morgan Stanley in Woodland Hills, California since 2010.
Butler has been the subject of nine customer complaints between 2001 and 2020, one of which was denied, according to his CRD report. Recent complaints were regarding:
- November 2020. “Client alleged, inter alia, misrepresentation with respect to equity and corporate debt investments – January 2010 thru March 2019.” The case is currently pending. The complaint was regarding corporate debt and common and preferred stocks.
- May 2017. “Claimants alleged, inter alia, unsuitability with respect to corporate bond investments- 2012 to 2016.” The customer is seeking $395,579 in damages and the case is currently pending.
- October 2016. “Claimants alleged, inter alia, unsuitability with respect to investments in accounts – April 2015 to June 2016.” The customer sought $275,000 in damages and the case was settled for $90,000. The complaint was regarding corporate debt and equity OTC.
- September 2016. “Claimants allege, inter alia, that between 2011 to 2015 the FA recommended unsuitable energy bonds.” The customer sought $250,000 in damages and the case was settled for $95,000. The complaint was regarding corporate debt.
- August 2016. “Claimants allege, inter alia, that between March 2014 to December 2014 the FA recommended unsuitable energy bonds.” The customer sought $340,000 in damages and the case was settled for $80,000. The complaint was regarding corporate debt.
Pursuant to FINRA Rules, member firms are responsible for supervising a broker’s activities during the time the broker is registered with the firm. Therefore, Morgan Stanley may be liable for investment or other losses suffered by Butler’s customers.
Erez Law represents investors in the United States for claims against brokers and brokerage firms for wrongdoing. If and have experienced investment losses, please call us at 888-840-1571 or complete our contact form for a free consultation. Erez Law is a nationally recognized law firm representing individuals, trusts, corporations and institutions in claims against brokerage firms, banks and insurance companies on a contingency fee basis.
"*" indicates required fields